Effective Date: April 10, 2019
- The types of information we collect and how we collect it
- Our use of personal data
- Our sharing of personal data
- Transfers out of the European Economic Area
- Third-party advertisers and links to third-party websites and applications
- Your right to access your personal data
- Your choices regarding our processing of your personal data
- Our data security practices concerning your personal data
- Your right to contact a supervisory authority
- How to contact us
You may contact us using the information below.
As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage personal data. We collect personal data and other information from and about you through this website and its associated mobile sites, applications and widgets (collectively, the “Site”). The Site and all of our services on the Site are the “EON Services”. EON Productions Limited (“EON” or “we”) operates the EON Services. We are a controller of the personal data collected from and about you through the EON Services.
The types of information we collect and how we collect it
We collect (1) information you give us in connection with the EON Services, such as personal data you provide when registering on the EON Services, signing up for newsletters and posts that you share through the EON Services, (2) information that is automatically collected through your use of the EON Services, such as activity data when you access and interact with the EON Services, and (3) information from other sources, such as data you have permitted a social media company to share with us. More specifically, we collect the following types of data from and about you:
Information you give us
We collect information you give us in connection with the EON Services, such as:
- Registration data. Registration data is the information you submit to register for an EON Service, for example when you sign up to receive marketing communications and newsletters from us. Registration data may include, for example, first name, surname, email address, gender, country, postcode and birthdate.
- Public data and posts. Public data and posts consist of comments or content that you post on the EON Service and the personal data about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, status, profile information and image. Public data and posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines. Please review the “User Content” section of the Terms and Conditions of Use, which addresses how we may use your public data and posts.
- Emails. In the course of corresponding with us at an email address posted on the EON Services, you may provide us with personal data.
Information collected automatically
We collect the following information automatically in connection with the EON Services:
Information collected from other sources
We may supplement the information we collect through the EON Services with information from other sources, such as commercially available sources and publicly available information from social media services. For example:
Associating non-personal data with personal data
If we associate non-personal data with personal data, we will treat that combined information as personal data.
We ask that you do not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, genetic or health status or sexual orientation, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the EON Services or otherwise.
Data about other people
If you provide us with any personal data about another person, company or organization (for example, in connection with a referral), you represent that you have the right to give us that information to use for the purpose described on the EON Service.
Use of EON Services by children
The EON Services are not intended for persons under age 16.
Our use of your personal data
Collection and use for purposes of our legitimate interests and legal obligations
We collect and use your data mainly to operate and improve the EON Services. For example, we use your personal data to analyse your use of the EON Services. We also use your personal data to personalize your use of the EON Services, for example to identify your preferences. We also use your personal data to communicate with you regarding the EON Services, for example to reply to an inquiry you make through the EON Services. We rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing this information.
We also collect and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal or contractual obligations or to protect our legitimate interests, such as to detect and prevent fraud, abuse or security threats.
Your failure to provide such personal data will make it impossible for us to provide you with some of the EON Services.
Collection and use for marketing and other purposes with your consent
We also collect and use your personal data for purposes for which we have your express consent. For example, where you have given us your consent, we will use your personal data to market to you. Where we are asking for your consent, you do not have to provide your consent. If you have provided your consent in response to our request, we will use that consent as the legal basis for collecting and using the data for the purposes disclosed to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Also, where we are collecting personal data for marketing purposes, you have the option not to provide us with your personal data.
We use a number of external companies to help us market our products and services, both on the EON Services and elsewhere. However, these companies are prohibited from using or sharing the personal data that we provide to them, except as necessary to provide their services to us.
Our retention of your personal data
We keep your personal data for as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected or for which you subsequently authorize it and additionally for as long as we are required to keep it because of legal obligations, professional accounting or audit standards, legal or insurance claims or regulatory proceedings.
Our sharing of personal data
We will never sell your personal data to any external organisation. However, we may share your personal data as follows:
- With the entities that distribute the James Bond series of films including Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Universal Pictures and United Artists Releasing.
- With our service providers to operate and improve the EON Services.
- With national authorities, unless prohibited by applicable laws.
- With our affiliates, unless prohibited by applicable laws.
- When we have your express consent to do so.
- When it is necessary in order to honour a contract between you and us.
- When we have a legal obligation to share the information.
- When it is in the public interest.
- When it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- When it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area
Third-party advertisers and links to third-party websites and applications
Your right to access your personal data
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data exists, to be informed of its content and source and to verify its accuracy.
To make a request, please contact us at the address below. In your request, please identify yourself and specify clearly what information you would like to access. Please note that your request will be subject to applicable laws and our rights under those laws.
Your choices regarding our processing of your personal data
- request that we rectify, update or amend your personal data;
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data, conversion of your data to an anonymous form, erasure of your personal data or data portability; or
- oppose the processing of your personal data.
- exercise any other rights permitted by law. A list of your legal rights may be accessed here
Remember that even after you unsubscribe or ask us to delete your personal data, copies of some information may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services or, for example, when retention of such copies is necessary to comply with legal obligation or legal defence. Because of the nature of caching technology, your personal data may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion to comply with applicable law.
In addition, please note that you have the choice not to provide us with personal data. Also, if we have requested your consent to process personal data for a particular purpose, you have the option not to provide that consent. If you provided your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. However, your choices may affect our ability to provide you with certain EON Services.
Our data security practices concerning your data
We recognise that the security of data and transactions on this website is important. We maintain technical and organisational security measures appropriate to the risks associated with the data processed.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computers with restricted access that are located in controlled facilities. And we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, as appropriate.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset.
Your right to contact a supervisory authority
If you reside in the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The UK supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
How to contact us
EON Productions Limited
Attn: Legal Department
(+44) 020 7493 7953 (request the Legal Department)